San Francisco Recreation and Parks, the owner/operator of Candlestick Park, is planning a diverse series of events for the final months of the historic stadium this summer, with proceeds being devoted to SF youth sports and the renovation of sports facilities at the Gilman Playground in the nearby Bayview district. BSS is providing partner development support, with Comcast Sports Net and NBC Bay Area signing on as initial media partners and more to follow soon.
Event highlights include:
- US Men’s World Cup team soccer match vs. Azerbaijan (May 27)
- Women’s pro soccer match featuring Bay Area Breeze (June 2)
- Mexican club soccer match (teams) (July 6)
- Joe Montana vs Dan Marino – NFL alumni flag football game (July13)
- Youth sports camps and flag football tournament
- Giants/49ers community open house (July 27)
- Major closing concert (date TBD)
- Auction/yard sale (Sept)
Following closure of the ‘Stick this summer, Lennar, the developer of the site and a valued supporting partner for the event series, will assume responsibility and plan for demolition or deconstruction of the stadium, to take place in 2015.
We are currently seeking partners to help underwrite the events and to fund the Gilman Playground and San Francisco Recreation and Parks Youth Scholarships. Opportunities range from lead sponsorship of the entire event series to targeted donations for Gilman. Please review our presentation or summary for more information, and contact us if your company is interested in participating.